ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System
The customer interface is considered to be of prime importance and as such, the quality management system has been designed to ensure the company's products and services meet with customer approval.
The quality management system covers the activities of Cleveland Potash Limited at Boulby Mine, Loftus and Teesdock Terminal, Middlesbrough.
The quality management system is applicable to:
- The processing of mined ores into potassium and salt products for agricultural and industrial applications.
- The Safe Loading and Unloading of Bulk carriers at Teesdock Terminal.
Both management systems (ISO 14001:2004 & ISO 9001:2000) have been documented and are based on four levels of documentation.
- Quality & Environment Manual – provides a description of the QMS & EMS.
- System Procedures – these procedures detail how the company operates and controls the management systems in line with company Policies.
- Operating Instructions – these give detailed instructions for the operation and control of the production processes & other critical areas.
- Records - to provide evidence of conformity to requirements, the effectiveness of processes and the effectiveness of the management systems.
It is the policy of Cleveland Potash Limited to deliver a level of product and service that meets the needs and requirements of our customers.
In keeping with the above policy, employees have a responsibility to ensure that controls and processes are effective in satisfying customers’ expectations.
The business goals established within our organisation shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Operating the business in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Ongoing development of employees to ensure appropriate training and competence.
- Ongoing reduction in product non-conformances.
- Development and maintenance of a company wide culture of continuous improvement extending to all areas of the business.
- Operate within standards required by relevant legislation, regulations and industry codes of practice.
Senior management has determined the business goals above with consideration of business planning issues, customer feedback and by routine analysis of historical records.
Senior management shall be responsible for continuing to determine company goals and for their translation into measurable objectives for all relevant areas of the business, thus enabling the effectiveness of company processes to be ascertained and improved where appropriate
Cleveland Potash Limited holds the FEMAS () standard for the animal feed salt the company supplies to the UK animal feed plants. FEMAS standard provides assurance to purchasers of feed ingredients that the feed ingredients they buy are safe and will meet the quality criteria specified.
See FEMAS Certificate
Cleveland Potash Limited holds the FIAS standard (Fertiliser Industry Assurance Scheme) which covers import, manufacture,wholesale distribution and security of fertilizers.