Safety & Health Policy
Cleveland Potash will strive to conduct its business without risk to the health and safety of its employees, contractors or the general public.
The group will apply a strategy of zero tolerance in order to achieve zero major injuries.
Zero tolerance means that:
- No one observes an unsafe situation without taking appropriate action.
- No one observes someone behaving in an unsafe manner without requiring him to stop.
- No one allows a colleague to work in unsafe conditions.
Safety and health are line management responsibilities of prime importance. Senior Managers are responsible for ensuring that appropriate organizational arrangements and resources are made available for the fulfillment of this policy and for monitoring its implementation and effectiveness.
In order to achieve this aim Cleveland Potash will:
- Meet and where possible exceed all national and European Legislative requirements and standards for health safety and welfare of employees.
- Demonstrate visible commitment by all line managers showing positive leadership in all matters relating to health and safety.
- Seek to eliminate at risk behaviour.
- Achieve and maintain healthy and safe work conditions.
- Provide adequate welfare facilities for our employees.
- Seek to eliminate incidents and dangerous occurrences.
- Carry out appropriate health screening of employees.
- Provide effective instruction, training and supervision.
- Ensure that persons employed are fit and competent for their duties.
- Ensure that all employees are fully aware of their responsibilities regarding safety, health and welfare.
- Identify hazards, assess risks and eliminate where practicable.
- Involve employees at all levels by establishing local Health and Safety Committees.
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- Regularly review and revise company policy and guidance notes.
- Provide adequate advice to employees on all aspects of safety, health and welfare.